What's new

Is Lundqvist playing amazingly well or is the Caps offense playing like chit?

Shoutbox
  1. G Guest:
    lmao all of u are fucking losers
  2. G Guest:
    belly button
  3. G Guest:
    me like good massage
  4. G Guest:
    hello
  5. G Guest:
    milia
  6. G Guest:
    hello from edmonton I'm looking for a great massage
  7. G Guest:
    hello
  8. G Guest:
    Im in Edmonton...are there any females in the room tonight from Edmonton....
  9. G Guest:
    Hi I would love a massage tonight.....
  10. G Guest:
    Golden airport
  11. G Guest:
    i want my dick jerked
  12. G Guest:
    Ann by nail
  13. G Guest:
    Ann
  14. G Guest:
    this is my first time here -- what typically happens here?
  15. G Guest:
    what brings you here tonight?
  16. G Guest:
    i am good
  17. G Guest:
    how are you?
  18. G Guest:
    hi from tara
  19. G Guest:
    or toronto
  20. G Guest:
    Tara
  21. G Guest:
    anyone in the kitchener waterllo area online?\
  22. G Guest:
    hello?
  23. G Guest:
    Looking for free birthday massages in Kelowna? Mutual as well?
  24. G Guest:
    Los Angeles
  25. LauraEdmonton @ LauraEdmonton:
    i have an opening at 8pm, please to 587-402-7275:heart5:heart5:heart5

Don Coreolis

Reaction score
Outshooting the Rags 149-99 thru three games yet down 1-3. wtf!?!? It's so goddamn frusturating to watch. Caps came back to tie it up against Philly, hopefully they can do the same this year. Maybe they need 50 shots next game.

Bob Loblaw Trois

Reaction score
Silly Caps fans!

First off, Lundqvist is playing AWESOME.

That said, you Cap fans keep rambling on about these shot stats....here is another one for you- Alex Ovechin has 35 shots and ONE goal!

If you WATCH the games then you would see what I have seen. The Caps are a bunch of wimps.

Take 1,000 shots and Lundqvist without bodies in front of the net and you won't score on any. You need players going hard to the net and setting screens and paying the price! Viktor Kozlov is a huge WIMP. Brashear is willing to pay the price but too slow to get there.
Ovechkin gets the puck AND SHOOTS everytime....goalies are onto his selfishness (Luongo was quoted recently as saying he loved to face him because he always knows what he is going to do).....PASS the puck or SLOW IT down and wait for some traffic in front of Henrik....tips, deflections, shots he can't see.....good things will happen BUT Ovechkin is an MVP alright, most valuable primate....the guy has BRUTAL hockey sense.
Case in point.....35 shots and is it any wonder that the ONLY game they WIN is the one where he had two ASSISTS and only 5 shots?
They will never win anything unless he starts reading the ice better and stops being so SELFISH. Real team guy.

Then there is Varlamov.....I think he might come unglued after letting in a winning goal that my 3 year old nephew could have stopped.

Last year....smast year.......Philly BEAT them....enough said!

Put THAT in your "chronicles"!!! Then throw it back in my face after the Caps win the series! Sheesh.

Rob C

Reaction score
Lundqvist is playing that good.

The Caps are getting their chances every game, but Lundqvist is just playing at the top of his game right now. Last night he showed yet again why he has been a repeat Vezina finalist, making some clutch saves when the Rangers needed it most.

You also have to tip your hat to the Rangers defense as well. Aside from their slip-up in Game 3, the defense has been amazing. Not only blocking shots, but clearing rebound opportunities, and forcing the Capitals (for the most part) to the outside shooting lanes, instead of coming through the middle and getting too close for comfort.

But without Lundqvist in net, this would be a totally different series.

akl

Reaction score
I think its both. Lundqvist is playing great, I actually watch 2 games and he had nice saves, and the caps' D sucks right now.. and where has ovechkin been? pshh..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aub666EA9mwzxhO4Fal.YTTsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090421113718AAjFwxX

VOTE PITTSBURGH AND ILL GIVE YOU 10 POINTS

flamesfanjosh

Reaction score
How many posts did you count for the Caps in the game today?
How many incredible glove saves did Lundqvist make?

I don't think there's anything wrong with their offense, except for 2 major diseases.

Lundqvistitis
Postelepsy

McGregor

Reaction score
Lundqvist has been amazing but the Capitals offense is too 1 dimensional to solve a goalie of lundqvists Caliber.

Reaction score
No doubt The King has played great, but our defense also did a good job of keeping most of the caps shots to the outside and taking away rebounds.(obviously that only goes for the 1st,2nd, and 4th games)