What's new

Fertility treatment

Shoutbox
  1. Birddog:
    Healing massage Edmonton
  2. Sulexa:
    Call us now. ☎☎ 647.620.4499 ☎☎ Markham is an fantastic place for Oriental massage! Our girls are young and service oriented.
  3. MrMumbaiM45:
    Nisha 31y.o. This girl offers all kinds of services at the best level. => http://NishaNightGirl.goshrink.com
  4. Hairy Arab:
    If anyone knows any open spas in scarborough plz send me a PM.
  5. Laptop_bag:
    Navi mumbai?
  6. NeyNey101:
    Busty Asian?
  7. Delinto Spa:
    Have agreat weekend. Sammi and Oakley are in heat!
  8. Badnoy24593:
    Brantford
  9. Sanjay786:
    Pune
  10. Bookmonica:
    CALGARY bookmonica.com duos available! Last day here is Saturday!
  11. OnlyYouMassage:
    🌸🌸Private Asian Massage🌸🌸Queensway Etobicoke🌸🌸647-351-5058🌸🌸10am-7pm
  12. milfmaid69:
    bella
  13. Exotic Shanghai Girls:
    🌸 Call us | 437.335.3995 🌸 Your weekend will be full of love and affection!
  14. Timbo88:
    I need my cock sucked
  15. LauraEdmonton:
    Massage & Merriment 587-982-6052 only text:heart2:heart3:heart5:heart2:heart3:heart5:heart2:heart3:heart5
  16. Exotic Shanghai Girls:
    Looking for an elegant encounter? Please give us a call. We are located in Scarborough. 🌸 437.335.3995 🌸
  17. Sulexa:
    Call us now. ☎☎ 647.620.4499 ☎☎ Markham is an amazing place for Oriental massage.
  18. Kingman:
    Sunnyg what info you want
  19. sunnyg:
    Any info on Rita from Atlantis spa brampton
  20. Indian Girls:
    :heart5 HIRING ATTRACTIVE LADIES make up to 5k a month text me at 416-230-0199 with your profile picture. Peel Region Shop :heart5:heart5
  21. OnlyYouMassage:
    Give Us A Call 647-351-5058
  22. pappu987:
    Can any one share number for Goa?
  23. Bookmonica:
    Independent tonight until Jan 23rd CALGARY info at bookmonica.com
  24. Indian Girls:
    :) SOUTH INDIAN AND 2 PUNJABI GIRLS on Duty until 9pm! :heart5 Text only with your name 416-230-0199 :heart3:heart3
  25. Back in Toronto:
    Four years of Hell under trump is over, now four (more) years of Hell under biden/harris begin!

TandK

Reaction score
I have a client who has been coming to me for a while as she is trying to conceive. She has had a failed attempt of IVF and has eggs frozen. I have treated her 6 times already and she started her medication last week to bring on her period. She is due for egg plantation in mid June. After treating all the points, I am concentrating on the reproductive areas and endocrine system. Anywhere else, although I think I am covering the major reflex points? I presume I stop treating her when implantation takes place? Should I still continue with reiki on her?

Jo Momma

Reaction score
Hiya

I was taught to work all the areas, including reproductive during a period and to avoid them when there is a chance the client may become pregnant. Not sure about Reiki so might be worth posting on the Reiki forum? I have done Reiki 1 and as far as i'm aware there were no contraindications but best to check

Dughuc

Reaction score
Hi ya,

Having had experience with fertility treatments myself I would advise not to do any treatments after the fertilised eggs (embryos) are put back, not because I think that Reiki is harmful but because it is a very sensitive medical procedure and for your own protection. Just advise your client to relax and be happy during the 'waiting time'. To wear flat shoes, not to eat any pineapple and to have lots of rest. That is very important. Before the procedure Reiki or Reflexology and anything to relax the client is very, very beneficial.
Hope all goes well for your client. How wonderful would it be if she becomes pregnant!

Love & Light
Zimba
x

Kay Kay

Reaction score
Thank you Zimba, you have echoes my own intuition. we have a few more weeks before fertilisation to help prepare her. On the whole she is relaxed and very confident. I believe she has every reason to be.

Why avoid pineapple?? Never heard of that before. Can it cause miscarriage?

Dyann S

Reaction score
Hello Jungdreamer,

My grandma used to say not to eat pineapple during pregnancy and in fact apparently it is not just an old-womens-tale, I read somewhere that fresh pineapple contains bromelain, if eaten on an empty stomach it causes the connective tissues of the cervix to contract.

Have a wonderful day!

Zimba

John Carriere

Reaction score
Hi
I myself had fertility treatment 3 years ago not ivf but iui i had reflexology before and after treament and beleive its one of the reasons it worked that time, as for you treating after i would wait for it to be a established pregnancy unless you have further training in pregnancy (reflexology). I may also suggest she mentions it to her consultant that she has been having reflex and see what there point of view is on having it after treatment i know my consultant was fine with it.
x

MiJA

Reaction score
I was taught to avoid treating at a time when the client is taking a lot of medication to force the body into behaving unnaturally (i.e. during down regging and stimming stages of IVF). Once past the egg collection stage I would think that reflexology would be ideal.

I think how I would handle treatments very much depends on the treatment the client is receiving for the frozen embryo transfer. Sometimes the woman is given drugs to suppress the pituitary gland for the first two weeks of the cycle - in which case I would rather not treat the woman during this time or would at least be going very lightly over the endocrine reflexes at this stage. Sometimes no hormone preparation is used, in which case I would give treatments where I worked the endocrine reflexes as usual but also used the endocrine balancing technique I learned with Susanne Enzer.

Once the transfer has taken place I would continue with treatments working lightly over the endocrine reflexes and using the endocrine balancing technique.

I have no idea about reiki.

Best of luck. I hope your client is successful!

twistd_love

Reaction score
Hi,

May I somewhat belatedly add my comments.

Many Reflexology organisations run post graduate studies in Pregnancy and Labour. The IFR do for one, because my wife and I did the course and have treated several ladies who were either trying for pregnancy or undergoing IVF.

A full reflexology treatment is recommended, with minimum pressure over the reflexes for ovaries, womb, etc., for the full period of pregnancy and/or IVF treatment. Total relaxation, created by reflexology, is a prime mover in helping the pregnancy to take effect.

I have treated from before conception right up to term and my wife has treated from before conception, to term and, in one case, actually during and after the delivery of the baby. (There were midwives in attendance too).

With regard to Reiki, this can be given at any time and at any stage of IVF treatment and throughout pregnancy. The unborn child loves it. Reiki can do no harm.

It may be advisable to do the pregnancy and labour add-on just to give yourself confidence. If you are careful, you can do only good and no harm.

TypeBoyhogy

Reaction score
For typical medicated IVF cycles (did you know that you can also have a "natural" or unmedicated IVF cycle!?!), I do a tune up session before the injections, a relaxing session right before retrieval and a follow up session about a week to 10 days after the transfer (catch it right after implantation). I've got lots of baby pictures that line the walls of my practice.

Blarp

Reaction score
Well thanks for all the advice/tips/opinions but unfortunately she never got as far as implantation. There was a problem with the frozen embryo so plantation never happened. Poor thing.

Joe C.

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your client. The best thing you can do for her now would be to support her through a general session, be a listening ear and if appropriate refer her to a counselor/therapist who specializes in infertility.

FYI, technically the term is "transfer" = where they transfer the egg into the uterus. Implantation is where the egg embeds into the uterine lining (that the egg has to do, it can't be done medically).